Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ IEEE 802 University Outreach program press release

approved

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Law, David
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:39 PM
To: IEEE 802 SEC <stds-802-sec@ieee.org>
Subject: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ IEEE 802 University Outreach program press release

Dear EC members,

As I informed you on the 3rd May the IEEE-SA has prepared a press release to announce the launch of the IEEE 802 University Outreach program and to publicise the IEEE 802 University Outreach day at the July plenary.

In response to that email I received a number of comments I have attached an updated draft (IEEE_802_University_Outreach_release_V5p1.pdf) as well as a diff (IEEE_802_University_Outreach_release_V5p1_diff.pdf) to the version I circulated for comment.

My thanks to all that provided comments and I hope I implemented the suggested changes correctly.

I would now like to proceed to the motion in respect to this release and Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot to me.

Best regards,
  David

Motion
======

The EC supports the IEEE 802 University Outreach program press release, with editorial changes as deemed necessary.

Move:   David Law
Second: Steve Shellhammer

Start of ballot: Sunday 13th May 2012
Close of ballot: Wednesday 23rd May, 2012 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2.2 'Electronic Balloting' of the IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.