Re: [802SEC] +++10 Day EC Email Ballot+++ 802.1aq book signing

All

I was part of one of those signing events as an author, but I was not an EC member and so I don't recall if a vote was run.

I have not voted on this as I didn't know that we had the ability to authorize (or prevent) the actions of IEEE staff. Is the question that we want to allow the activity at our plenary and that without the EC permission it might be seen as non-standards related?

If so, then perhaps we should be prepared to allow any other publisher of 802 standards related books to sponsor similar author signing and sales. They could certainly be seen as relevant to our standards effort.

And then, if we do that, should there be a fee for the table? IEEE MTT-S, for example, has a Symposium with presentation of refereed papers as well as an industry exhibition. The revenue from the exhibition goes a long way to paying for the papers side of the symposium. It is not profit making because all the revenue goes to expenses.

James Gilb