From: MJLynch@mjlallc.com
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 1:23 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Further Update & Ballot Closure [802SEC] +++10 Day EC Email Ballot+++ IEEE 802 Comments on wireless data transmission technologies used for power grid management systems

Dear EC,

With the votes cast as of today there are approval votes from:

Roger Marks
Mike Lynch
Steve Shellhammer
Clint Chaplin
David Law
Tony Jeffree
Pat Thaler
Apurva Mody
Bob Heile
Bruce Kraemer
Subir Das

Disapprove:

None to date.

Abstain:

None to date.

As per the current P&P it is apparent that the question has been determined. The document will be filed with the ITU-R today.

Since IEEE 802 will not have a representative at the WP1A meeting I will contact others there to see if someone can present and support this contribution and get the work on Question ITU-R 236/1 started.

On behalf of 802.18 we look forward to working with all of the IEEE 802 WGs in preparing further contributions on this topic.

Please note that I will be adding a number of WP1A documents to the 802.18 Mentor web site. Most are from ITU-R WP6A which deals with TV broadcasting. One references the possible extension of PLC/PLT/IMT into certain portions of the UHF TV frequency bands. Another reports on work being done in an ITU-T joint group that seems to presume that PLC/PLT will be the answer for Smart Grid and home area networking. Clicking on the link to the JCA one can find which IEEE P19XX committees are being represented there.

Regards,

Mike