From: James Gilb [mailto:jpgilb@gmail.com] On Behalf Of James P. K. Gilb
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 10:33 AM
To: Pat Thaler
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Proposed rule changes for July meeting

Pat

For one thing, there is no location in the P&P that defines the members
that require confirmation.  It is true that the EC chair, according to
our rules, does not have to file the letters.

Currently, the requirement is in the WG P&P, which, to me, is wrong as
this is a requirement of the EC, not of the WG.  Furthermore, the WG P&P
specifies that the Sponsor Chair makes temporary appointments for WG
Chair and Vice Chair, which is hinted at in the P&P (it says vacancies
to offices, which could be read to mean only the officers of the EC, of
which the WG chairs are not).

Also, I am not sure if all WG's have adopted our WG P&P as theirs and
without modification.

James Gilb