[802SEC] FW: how soon can you upload the response document 767r3?

Dear EC

First a reminder of the context…..

802 is engaged in a dialog with ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC6  to convince them that all 8802 standards editing/revision tasks should be retained exclusively by 802.

802 recently received comments/questions from the Swiss and Chinese national bodies on both the philosophy of the proposal and the wording of the proposed agreement text.

This week, within the JTC1 meetings organized by Andrew we are preparing comment responses and draft agreement changes.

We invite review and editing suggestions on the documents now under development:

The documents can be obtained from the following URLs:

·         Draft Chinese response - https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/12/11-12-0767-03-0jtc-proposed-ieee-802-response-to-chinese-nb-liaison-n15335.doc

·         Draft Swiss response - https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/12/11-12-0768-03-0jtc-proposed-ieee-802-response-to-swiss-nb-liaison-n15325.doc

·         Draft “proposed agreement” - https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/12/11-12-0769-01-0jtc-proposed-agreement-between-sc6-and-iee-802.doc

The 802 goal is to have the agreement approved by SC6 in September 2012.

These documents are being prepared for approval during the EC plenary on Friday July 20.

These documents must be transmitted to SC6 by the first week of August in order to be considered during the SC6 meeting being held in  September 2012.

Bruce