Re: [802SEC] +++straw poll--support for continuation of $5 single copy sales+++

I agree with Geoff

At 04:16 PM 7/28/2012 -0700, Geoff Thompson wrote:
Paul-
I have a great deal of trouble with this
(as I do with mcuh of the SA's business practices)
You know that I am all for keeping the pressure on the SA
AND the Institute to reform their business practices,
however asking them to continue to sell a product at
less than their sales fulfillment cost seems like an
express road to distaster.  Maybe that is what is needed.

When Karen told us their fulfillment costs were over
$5.00 she did not tell us (a) how much the fulfillment
costs were for a $5.00 sale, nor have they ever told us
what their fulfillment costs are on a per transaction basis
for the GetIEEE802 program.

My guess is that it is cheaper to the SA to give away
standards than it is to sell them for $5.00 apiece.

Therefore my vote is to eliminate the 6 month waiting period.

Geoff