[802SEC] IEEE 802 response to TV Band Incentive Auctions NPRM

Thanks Michael, John, Peter,

The NPRM on TV Band incentive auction and wireless microphone proceeding are very important to all the IEEE 802 Working Groups who have activities in Television Bands to create standards.

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/12/18-12-0098-00-0000-tv-band-incentive-auction-nprm.pdf
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/12/18-12-0099-00-0000-wireless-microphone-proceeding-updated-request-for-comment.doc

This is one of the most complicated auctions undertaken by the FCC with many moving parts. It adds a lot of uncertainty to the future of TV Band White Spaces in the United States.

Obviously we need to devote sufficient time during the IEEE 802 Plenary in Nov. for formulating comments that are agreeable to the IEEE 802 community since time is pretty short and responses are due just before the holiday season.

Regards

Apurva
Apurva N. Mody, Ph. D.
Chair, IEEE 802.22 Standard Working Group (www.ieee802.org/22)