|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
|IEEE 802 Plenary Session AnnouncementNovember 10-15, 2013|
Dallas, Texas USA
Tuesday September 3, 2013
November 2013 IEEE-802 Plenary at the Hyatt Regency Dallas
The November 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary Session and a Celebration of Ethernet’s 40th Anniversary will take place November 10-15, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Dallas in Dallas, Texas USA.
Participating IEEE-802 Working Groups: 802.1, 802.3, 802.11, 802.15, 802.16, 802.18, 802.19, 802.21, 802.22, 802.24 and OmniRAN EC Study Group.
Event Information and Registration Website: http://802world.org/plenary---------- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.
Registration Fees & Deadlines:
Early: Before 6pm Pacific Time, Friday, October 4, 2013
(UTC Time: 1am Saturday, October 5, 2013)
* $US 500 for attendees staying at the Hyatt Regency Dallas
* $US 800 for all others (including local attendees not staying at the group hotel)
Standard: After Early Registration and before 6pm Pacific Time, Friday November 1, 2013
(UTC Time: 1am Saturday, November 2, 2013)
* $US 600 for attendees staying at the Hyatt Regency Dallas
* $US 900 for all others (including local attendees not staying at the group hotel)
Late/On-site: After 6pm Pacific Time Friday November 1, 2013
(UTC Time: 1am Saturday, November 2, 2013)
* $US 800 for attendees staying at the Hyatt Regency Dallas
* $US 1100 for all others (including local attendees not staying at the group hotel)
* $US 150 for all student attendees (college students at the bachelor or post-graduate level)
* The Student meeting fee is available to full-time college students at the bachelor or post- graduate level. The Student meeting fee is available only one time per person. The person using the Student meeting fee will not be able to use meeting attendance to gain or maintain voting rights.
* A valid current student ID must be shown when picking up the meeting badge.
University Outreach: Tuesday November 12, 2013
* $US 25 US for all student attendees (college students at the bachelor or post-graduate level)
The day will start at 8:00 am with an orientation session of about one hour long. IEEE 802 University Outreach students and faculty attendees are then free to observe sessions. A list of meetings recommended for observation by the Working Groups (a self guided tour) will be supplied.
The day will end at 5:00 pm with a closing session to provide the opportunity for IEEE 802 University Outreach participants to ask questions about what they have observed.
Session Registration: Registration is available through a secure website and requires a valid credit card for the payment of the registration fee; checks are NOT accepted for web-registration.
Any individual who attends any part of a meeting that is a scheduled part of an 802 Plenary Session must register for the full session.
Session registrations are not transferable to another individual or to another plenary session.
If you register for an IEEE 802 Plenary session and then are unable to attend, you must request cancellation of your registration before the cancellation deadline to be eligible for a refund of all or part of the fees paid.
After you have Registered for the Session, Registration Cancellation Requests and Visa Invitation Requests may be submitted via a link on the event website at: http://802world.org/plenary
Group Hotel Registration Discount Policy
The November 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary Registration Fee will be discounted by $US 300 for attendees booking and staying one or more nights at IEEE-802 contracted hotel: Hyatt Regency Dallas.
Attendees who elect to share accommodations must ensure that all members of the rooming party are listed on the hotel register before arrival (or upon check-in at the hotel) so that the hotel can verify their hotel stay. Please note: payment of the $300 US surcharge will be required onsite if the hotel cannot verify an attendee’s hotel stay.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
In order to obtain a refund of all or part of the fees paid you must request cancellation of your registration before the late cancellation deadline.
EARLY - FULL REFUND 6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, October 4, 2013
LATE – CANCELLATION FEE $US100 6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, November 1, 2013
NO REFUNDS AFTER 6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, November 1, 2013
Cancellation requests must be made either by submitting an online request at http://802world.org/plenary or by submitting an email request direct to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
USA VISA Applications
In many cases, visas are required for entrance into the USA. For standards participants traveling to the USA, we recommend visiting the USA government site for advice on how to obtain such a visa. Please download the guide at: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/BusinessVisa.pdf
For up-to-date information on the Visa Application Process and expected wait-times:
For further information on traveling to the US, please go to:
This is NOT an IEEE website but is provided to you as additional information on traveling to the United States
Instructions for Obtaining an Invitation Letter for in USA Visa Applications
The IEEE Standards Association can provide you with a letter inviting you to attend the session. You must register for the upcoming plenary session in order to obtain an Invitation Letter. To register for the IEEE 802 plenary session you must pay the registration fee using a valid credit card that can accept charges in US dollars. If for any reason you should be unable to attend the plenary session you may request a refund of your registration fee according to the rules indicated in the 802 Cancellation Policy (http://802world.org/plenary/cancellation-policy/)
1. Once your registration has been approved you may at any time select the link to “Generate a Visa Letter” from the US VISA tab on event portal navigation bar. You will be asked to log in using the same UserID and Password that you used to register.
2. If you completed registration successfully, you will then be asked to provide some additional information that is necessary for your Invitation Letter:
* Your Date of Birth
* Your Place of Birth
* The Nationality of Your Passport (i.e. the issuing country)
* The Passport Number
* The Passport Expiration Date
3. Once this information has been accepted your personalized letter will be generated in Acrobat PDF format and then displayed on the screen for printing and saving, if you have Acrobat or Acrobat Reader (version 5.0 or higher) installed on your machine (see the link on the 802 homepage if you want to load Acrobat Reader for free). In addition, a copy of the generated visa letter PDF format file will be sent as an attachment in an email to your email address. These letters have the IEEE Logo at the top, are properly signed by the IEEE-SA President, and should be printable on any common personal computer printer.
4. If you are still unsure of what to do, or if you have any other questions, please contact our meeting organizers by email: email@example.com or by phone: +1 (408) 241-8906.
Ethernet 40th Anniversary Celebration
IEEE 802 will be celebrating Ethernet's 40th anniversary, IEEE 802 Ethernet innovation, and IEEE Standards Association's pursuit of technology excellence during the November 2013 Plenary Session.
IEEE 802 Plenary Session attendees are welcome to attend a panel discussion and key note address at the Hyatt Regency Dallas on Monday November 11th at 7:00 PM.
More detailed information including a listing of panel members, and the room assignment can be found on line at: http://802world.org/plenary/ethernet-40th-anniversary/ in early October 2013.
A Facebook page including numerous interviews, pictures and videos related to the history of Ethernet can be accessed from the following link: https://www.facebook.com/Ethernet40thAnniversaryIEEESA
IEEE 802 Plenary Session Group Hotel Rates:
Hyatt Regency Dallas
300 Reunion Boulevard
Dallas, Texas, USA, 75207
Tel: +1 214 651 1234
GROUP RATE: $US 174/Night (plus applicable taxes)*
Rate applies to Single/Double Occupancy Run of House Rooms, Internet access included.
EXTRA ADULTS: Extra Adults (>2) are an additional $US 25/Night (plus applicable taxes).
EXTENDED DATES: November 1-26, 2013
Subject only to availability the IEEE 802 Group Rate is available November 1-26, 2013.
SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY: *The Group Rate is subject to the availability of rooms in the IEEE 802 Group Room Block.
ROOM BLOCK DEADLINE:
If the block is sold out before the deadline date (October 25, 2013), the rate may no longer be available.
HOTEL CANCELLATION POLICY:
No penalty if reservation is cancelled prior to 6pm Central Time on anticipated date of arrival.
How to Make a Room Reservation at The IEEE 802 Group Rate
RESERVE BY PHONE
Hyatt Regency Direct Line Tel: +1 214 651 1234
Ask for reservations and then ask for IEEE 802 Plenary Session Group Rate, code = “IEEE 802”
Airport and Ground Transportation Information
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) Ground Transportation
Dallas Taxis: Taxi service is available on the upper level of Terminals A, B, C and E, and on the lower level of Terminal D. An Airport Guest Assistant will be available at the taxi stands between 8:00 AM and midnight.
Between midnight and 8:00 AM, dial 972 574 5878 to request a taxi.
Dallas Fort Worth Airport Shuttle Services
City Shuttle, L. L. C. Web: http://www.cityshuttle.net/ Phone: +1 (214) 760 1998
Go Yellow Checker Web: http://www.yellowcheckershuttle.com/ Phone: +1 (214 ) 841 1900
SuperShuttle DFW, Inc. Web: http://www.supershuttle.com/ Phone: +1 (972) 456 3128
Email Distribution List
We only provide e-mailed session announcements and updates. Session information will continue to be available on the IEEE 802 web site at: http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/ .We also have a Meeting Information email distribution list. To join this list and stay informed, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with no subject and with the following 2 lines appearing first in the body of the message:
Meeting Planner Contact Information
IEEE 802 Meeting Planner
Face to Face Events Inc.
2699 Iversen Court
Santa Clara, CA 95051 USA
Phone: +1 (408) 241-8906
Description: Adobe PDF document
---------- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.