Re: [802SEC] Comments and reply comments to Public Trial of Google TVWS Database

Hi Adrian,

Sometimes an ITU response is needed and the only group that it would affect is 802.16…so Roger works with 18 and gets that done, with edit responsibilities with the chair of 18, and the EC,
other WG’s seems to approve the submittal document. I may be simplifying this. It seems to me that the role of 18 is to make sure there are no conflicts
between groups and responses are done by consensus with WG chairs or their designates working with 802.18 for a coordinated response.

 I do not know if 802 responded to the other trials, Spectrum Bridge etc, I would have to look, or maybe Mike Lynch, John Notor, Rich Kennedy would know off hand. If no response was made then this is not a critical issue at this time. If there was a response in support only, it is an easy thing to do the same with a record of such response and if approved
for one, it seems easy to approve for this as well. If there were issues in a response to the previous trials, it is more complicated,
unless the same issues hold true today.

Since the WG cannot at this time, have its members discuss and vote by email to submit to the EC, it is an issue, but one that needs to be solved.
I do not know if exceptions are made, and an EC member brings the response made before, if any, and vote to respond in the same manner,
than the Chair of 18, VC, John and any other voting members can work this out and the issue will be to get the replies from the EC back in short order.

The only way it seems, is that an EC member would have to bring a response previously made, if any, and vote to respond in similar fashion, with
approval as an exception. If no response was made, this is the time to put this on the agenda to make sure that there is a path
for regulatory response that is within the 30 day window, and in this case is 2 weeks or less to accomplish given the time to upload the response.

 So, at worst case it is an opportunity to solve an important issue
to have 802’s voice heard whenever it is needed, and solve the 30 day rule and find a path for regulatory issues, maybe the dreaded
approval for 18 to be allowed to vote by conference, email ? Send to the EC for approval in the same manner? I am not an expert so just a thought.

Others are more familiar with these types of rules, but I do see more and more interaction with other regulatory communities around the world
from 802, so the need is there to solve the issue.

I now leave this to the experts. Sincerely, Nancy