Re: [802SEC] 802 Database of 'duly authorized activities'

It is very important that if we post this it be up to date on including all authorized activities because if there’s ever an issue we don’t want someone to point to it and say the activity wasn’t duly authorized.

I’d also suggest that we only include the information needed to identify the activity which changes rarely and omit the status columns which are more volatile. It is better for people to go to the project information in the WG pages rather than thinking they have.  Please remove all the date columns, or leave just ones for when the PAR and the standard were approved.

Since Study Groups are intended to be ephemeral and are authorized at each plenary at the closing EC meeting for the next 4 months, I’d suggest putting the study groups on one page that is updated based on the motions at the closing EC rather than distributing this information for each chair to track. I notice that completed projects are included but concluded study groups are not.

For IEEE 802.1, 802.1ARce, 802.1CF, 802.1AEcg are missing.

For IEEE 802.3, the Study Group mentioned looks like the one that produced the 802.3bp PAR a year and a half ago. Other study groups have come and gone since then, the 4 current study groups are missing.

The standing committee maintenance groups in IEEE 802.1 and 802.3 should also be on the sheet.

Regards,

Pat