Re: [802SEC] IEEE 802.18 Conference Call - April 8, 2015, 10:00 - 12:00 Noon Central Time

Steve:

Regardless of who had enough time to review the document, it was approved in 802.18, and there is no plan to further revise it. Section 11 was removed because it could be misinterpreted. Appendix D is clearly labeled. I don’t think we need to revise it further and ignore the will of 802.18.

In fact, now that the automotive industry has submitted an Ex Parte with the original report, removal of section 11 looks like we are trying to withhold information. My Ex Parte will now refute the automotive industry claims in clear terms, showing that although IEEE 802 made a good faith gesture to the DSRC community, they now are trying to spin the Tiger Team report. It is too bad that the shortsighted effort to cover up some of the work of the group weakens our argument, because now it looks like we have were being less than transparent.

Rich Kennedy

Manager, New Technology Development

MediaTek Inc.

rich.kennedy@mediatek.com

(832) 298-1114

Wi-Fi Alliance Spectrum & Regulatory TG Chair

Wi-Fi Alliance White Spaces TTG Chair

Wi-Fi Alliance White Spaces MTG Vice-chair

IEEE802.11 TGaf (WLAN in White Spaces) Chair

IEEE802.11/15 Regulatory SC Chair

IEEE 802.11/18 Liaison