From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Geoff Thompson
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:05 PM
To: DAmbrosia, John; dlaw@HP.COM; STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ IEEE P802.3bz 2.5/5GBASE-T project update press release

John-

I will answer your question, even though it is off topic.  If an alliance (whose express purpose is to support the development of the standard with publicity among other things) does not choose to support a press release then it just goes to support that those judging from the outside don't think a press release is warranted.  The result would then (appropriately) be that there would not be a press release generated for a project group having met an internal project checkpoint.  That would not necessarily be a bad thing.  Public attention is precious commodity that attenuates significantly if tickled too often.

Regards,

Geoff