[802SEC] 802 5G/IMT-2020 status

Colleagues,

The 802 5G/IMT-2020 standing committee is nearing conclusion.  You may review our website for all the details (http://www.ieee802.org/Stand_Com/5G/index.html), however, after numerous contributions and meetings, we are preparing the report based on EC-16-0094 (the latest version is on mentor).  And we are preparing for two meetings at the July plenary with the following high level agenda:

Monday, July 25 – 7:30-9:30pm - Presentation of report

·         Word-smithing as necessary

·         Goal for consensus on conclusion

·         Straw polls on options

Tuesday, July 26 – 7:30-9:30pm - Disposition of Standing Committee

·         Modify scope to focus on conclusion, or

·         Declare success and disband the SC (deferring follow-on activity to current WGs.)

Please make your WGs aware of this and indicate that attendance will allow them a voice in the way forward.

The final report and summary will be presented to the EC on Friday.

Cheers,

Glenn.

--

Glenn Parsons - Chair, IEEE 802.1