[802SEC] Working group ballot of P802c

Colleagues,

The editor, Roger Marks, has created a new draft IEEE P802c/D1.2   Overview and Architecture - Draft Amendment: Local Medium Access Control (MAC) Address Usage:

http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/private/802-c-drafts/d1/802c-d1-2.pdf

802.1 has now started another WG ballot on the entire text of P802c/D1.2 – closing on October 24th:

http://www.ieee802.org/1/private/email2/msg25170.html

I would note as well, that this draft anticipates a modified PAR (in another message) to expand the scope of this Amendment to clarify the CID.

As this should be of general interest, I would request all 802 WGs to make the initiation of this WG ballot known to your WG members.  We are encouraging comments from all 802 WG members.  I would encourage WG chairs to handle this as most appropriate to your WG -- that is either:

- encourage your WG members to provide comments directly in response to the 802.1 WG ballot

- perform a comment collection in your WG and provide an aggregate ballot comment to the 802.1 WG ballot

Please contact me with any questions.

Cheers,

Glenn.

Glenn Parsons - Chair, IEEE 802.1