[802SEC] Outcome of IEEE-SA Standards Board meeting

Dear 802.11 participants,

I would like to report on two actions of the IEEE-SA standards board.

Firstly, the revision PAR was approved.
In keeping with our practice, Task Group md will manage the revision, to be known as P802.11REVmd. Dorothy Stanley has kindly agreed to chair the group, so I am appointing her as TGmd chair, subject
to confirmation in the May meeting.

TGmd will meet in May,  and speaking from memory,  has 3 slots assigned.

Secondly, the IEEE-SA standards board considered the matter of whether the TGax dominance remedy was sufficient. They did so in executive session. I was called into the session
to make a statement and answer questions.
The report-out is published here: https://standards.ieee.org/about/sasb/resolutions.html
and states:
"In regards to P802.11ax, the SASB concluded that the measures are effective, SASB oversight will continue, and notes that a ProCom Ad Hoc was formed to determine whether changes are needed in IEEE-SA policies and procedures regarding dominance"

--
Best Regards,

Adrian Stephens
IEEE 802.11 Working Group Chair