Re: [802SEC] Fwd: [STDS-WG-CHAIRS] IEEE-SA Policy and Procedures (P&P) Changes - January 2018 - Important - Please read

Hello Ben,

Yes,  I think a PHY-only amendment could safely do that.   I haven't seen any PHY-only amendments in 802.11,
as all PHYs have their unique management requirements.

One of the things we learned from TGaq is that the group did not set out with the intention of doing anything
with address fields.  It turned out over the multiple-year course of the project the increased sensitivity towards maintaining privacy coupled with the large number of packets sent meant that it needed to talk about things
that the RAC care about.   In hindsight this is obvious,  but it wasn't when the PAR was written.

Best Regards,

Adrian Stephens
IEEE 802.11 Working Group Chair
mailto: adrian.p.stephens@ieee.org