[802SEC] +++10-day EC Motion+++ Approval of IEEE 802 Comments to Ofcom consultation on WRC-19 Agenda Items, due by 13 September

Dear EC Members,

I would like to announce the start of an EC ballot on comments to Ofcom on feedback from us on their approach to WRC-19 Agenda Items (AI), with focus on the AIs that IEEE 802 has viewpoints approved earlier, which many were brought directly over. The deadline for comments is 13 September 2018 in the UK, so would like to send by the 12th.

Paul has delegated to me to conduct an EC electronic ballot on the motion below.

This EC motion is per 802 OM 7.2 Procedure for communication with government bodies.

Motion:  To approve document https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/18/18-18-0088-03-0000-ofcom-consultation-comments-on-prep-for-wrc19.docx, comments to Ofcom on their WRC-19 Agenda Item plans. For review and approval by the EC for sending to the Ofcom by 12 September 2018. The Chair of 802.18 is authorized to make editorial changes as necessary.

Approved in the RR-TAG:  10/0/0

Mover:   Jay Holcomb
Seconder:        Bob Heile

Start of ballot: 30 Sept, 2018
Close of ballot: 09 Sept 2018

Reference documents:
The Ofcom consultation, marked up showing progress toward the comments:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/18/18-18-0069-01-0000-ofcom-consultation-on-preparations-for-wrc-19.docx

Our, approved IEEE 802 viewpoints on WRC-19 agenda items.
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/17/18-17-0073-07-0000-ieee-802-viewpoints-on-wrc-19-agenda-items.pptx

Regards,
Jay Holcomb
Itron, Inc.