Re: [802SEC] Draft Press Release

Steve-

IF this is a REVISION which has already been approved
THEN
The text: "Amendment to IEEE 802.19.1™ standard to include geolocation-capable devices"
is NOT appropriate.

It is not an amendment, it is a whole new standard which (I assume) contains both old and new material.
The proper name for the standard is: IEEE Std 802.19.1™

The use of the future tense in: "to include geolocation-capable devices"
because the standard is already approved, therefore the standard "does include geolocation-capable devices"

Some standards orgs don't consider their standards to be approve and/or in force until they are published.
That is not the case with the IEEE-SA

Regards,

Geoff