Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day ECM – Early Close +++ IEEE SA participation in TSN/A Conference

Dear EC members,

The vote has passed.  Results are below.

Regards,

                -- John

Voter Role

Name

NV

APP

DIS

ABS

DNV

CH

Paul Nikolich

DNV

VC

Roger Marks

VC

James PK Gilb

DNV

TR

George Zimmerman

RS

John D'Ambrosia

ES

Jon W Rosdahl

DNV

1

Glenn Parsons/John Messenger

3

David Law

11

Dorothy Stanley

15

Bob Heile

16

Roger Marks

NV

18

Jay Holcomb

DNV

19

Steve Shellhammer

DNV

20

Radhakrishna Canchi

NV

21

Subir Das

22

Apurva Mody

24

Tim Godfrey

ME

Geoffrey Thompson

NV

Total

18

3

9

1

0

5

Role

Meaning

CH

Chair

VC

Vice Chair

TR

Treasurer

RS

Recording Secretary

ES

Executive Secretary

<n>

WG <n> Chair

ME

Member Emeritus

Results analysis

Return %:

66.67%

Approve %:

90.00%

Early Close Approve %:

60.00%

Required return > %:

50%

Required approval > %:

50%

From: John Messenger <jmessenger@advaoptical.com>
Date: Friday, 21 September 2018 at 16:18
To: "STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG" <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: +++ 10-day ECM – Early Close +++ IEEE SA participation in TSN/A Conference

Dear EC members,

Based on the following ePoll taken by IEEE 802.1, I would like to seek EC support for this activity.

802.1 electronic motion: “Approve IEEE 802.1 to be a Lead Exhibitor at the TSN/A Conference 2018 providing booth space is made available. The event is scheduled to occur on September 26-27, 2018 in Stuttgart, Germany.” Passed 49/0/1.

After discussion with IEEE staff, as last year, IEEE SA has decided to be listed as the lead exhibitor instead of 802.1.  As a result, IEEE 802.1 won’t be taking direct responsibility for participation.  Nevertheless, as IEEE SA is participating based on a request from the 802.1 chair, I would like to seek EC support for this activity.

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me. To obtain support as soon as practical I'm announcing the possibility of an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).

Regards,

                -- John

Motion

======

The EC supports IEEE SA participation in the TSN/A Conference 2018.

Move:   John Messenger

Second: David Law

Start of ballot: Friday 21st September 2018

Close of ballot: Monday 1st October 2018, 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter. Sufficient responses to clearly decide this matter will be based on the required majority for a motion under subclause 7.1.1 'Actions requiring approval by a majority vote' item (h), 'Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies and Procedures.

--

John Messenger

Director, Global Standards

ADVA Optical Networking Ltd

ADVAntage Houe, Tribune Way, York YO30 4TN, UK