Re: [802SEC] Get IEEE 802 issues

Folks,

As Jonathan has informed us (below), IEEE has posted "Terms of Use for IEEE Standards Publications Delivered in Electronic Form". The page doesn't mention the GET Program, but it's title is "IEEE Xplore - GET Program Terms of Use."

The document indicates that it permission covers "individual use only, including job-related functions." Some of our members have requested this sort of clarification.

The page says that IEEE 'shall deliver this IEEE standards publication to you in electronics format upon your acceptance of the following Terms of Use... By providing the required information and selecting the "accept" button at the bottom of this page, you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use contained herein. If you select "do not accept", the file transfer for this standards publication will not continue.' However:
•There are no buttons.
•There is a first-person sentence ("I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the foregoing information and agree to abide by these Terms of Use."), but it's embedded in a paragraph entitled "For Inquiries About These Terms of Use ".
•I have downloaded some standards today, in "electronics" format. I was not presented with this material or asked to accept it.
•The footer of the downloaded PDF says "Restrictions apply," but I don't know the nature of those restrictions or if they are spelled out in the new Terms of Use.
•It's not clear to me how or when an individual could determine the Restrictions or find the link to the Terms of Use.

Maybe it would be a good idea for IEEE 802 web pages with a link to the IEEE GET Program also include a link to the Terms of Use.

Roger