From: Bob Heile <bheile@ieee.org>
Date: Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++ #1 Approval of comments to MCMC (Malaysia) on our viewpoints to WRC-19 Agenda Items
To: <STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org>
I agree with Ben's comments.

At 11:30 AM 8/2/2019 -0700, Benjamin A. Rolfe wrote:

Good catch.  802.15 has an Interest Group for Tera-Hertz communication. One of the IG's considerations is changes to the THz PHYs to address changing needs including regulatory changes.  Saying "will revise IEEE 802.15.3d-2017"  isn't strictly accurate as we don't revise amendments; it is accurate to say that 802 has a process to revise or amend the existing standard(s) and we expect to use that process to respond to regulatory changes. If we changed "Std. IEEE 802.15.3d-2017" to "IEEE Std 802.15.3" it would be more accurate and the correct nomenclature. If "will" is changed to "has a process to" I think the intention of the statement is preserved. I also think that falls within the editorial license granted the chair by the TAG motion.

Just my thoughts.

Ben