Test Requirements Model (TeRM)
The Diagnostic and Maintenance Control Subcommittee of
IEEE Standards Coordinating Committee 20
This standard will define the information content of test requirements and
will define a common format by which conforming test requirement information
may be exchanged.
The purpose of this standard is to provide a means to formally represent test
requirements such that tools can be developed for technical requirements
analysis, test resource needs evaluation, diagnostic process evaluation, and
test program generation.
Requirements: The following requirements shall be met by the TeRM standard.
- Technology Independence—The information base specification defined in this standard shall be independent of any target technology.
- Implementation Independence—The information base specifications in this standard shall not require any specific software implementation.
- Unambiguous Definitions—To avoid ambiguity, the information base specifications shall be defined using formal modeling.
- Extensibility—This standard shall provide an extensibility mechanism.
- Portability—This information base specifications in this standard shall promote portability of information between conformant implementations.
- Interoperability—The information base specifications in this standard shall promote interoperability between conformant implementations.
- Standards Harmonization—This standard will be compatible with other existing standards. In particular, this
standard will permit integration with the Artificial Intelligence Exchange and Service Tie to All Test Environments (AI-ESTATE).