SCC21 Activities and Projects
2030 Smart Grid Series
1547 Interconnection Series
P1547 (full revision)TM
P1547.1 (full revision)TM
SCC21 Committee (password protected)
IEEE 1547 Series of Interconnection Standards
This page contains information on upcoming open meetings or events for each of the DR Interconnection Work Groups including dates, locations, contacts, and specific meeting agendas. See the past minutes for a preview of expectations for the upcoming meeting. Visit Archives for information on past open meetings or events
WG Meetings Background
IEEE SCC21 DR Interconnection Standards Development Meetings
P1547.1, P1547.2, and P1547.3 Work Group Meetings
San Francisco, California, October 8, 9, & 10, 2002
Agendas for Meeting
(Note: onsite each work group meeting will have its own additional handout materials)
- Overall meeting pattern is a full day for each work group (see following pages):
- October 8, 2002: P1547.1 Draft Standard for Conformance Tests Procedures For Equipment Interconnecting Distributed Resources With Electric Power Systems
- October 9, 2002: P1547.2 Draft Application Guide For “IEEE Draft Standard 1547 Interconnecting Distributed Resources With Electric Power Systems”
- October 10, 2002: P1547.3 Draft Guide for Monitoring, Information Exchange and Control of Distributed Resources.
- New Attendees should provide the following registration information:
Name (First MI Last):
Mark your potential interest:
- Next Meeting – mark your calendar: week of January 21 – 24, 2003 at Ritz Carleton, Arlington VA (collocated with DOE/NREL Distributed Power Program Annual Review Sara Huntley will provide meeting hotel logistics in coming months; Each WG will provide meeting content logistics.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Cole Boulevard, MS 1623
Golden, CO 80401
WG Meetings Background
The IEEE standards development process is open, voluntary and operates under a consensus process. The best way to participate in standards development is to attend work group (WG) meetings. Generally, the P1547 WGs plan to meet collocated, and sequentially for a minimum of a full day for each WG, two-to-three times per year. Also, each WG generally conducts additional activities during the interim.
RSVP and Registration
Members and other prospective attendees are requested to RSVP to the P1547 Secretary typically at least two weeks before a meeting. There is no formal cost or registration but individuals are required to sign in at the meeting. Generally there are continental breakfasts at the meeting room, and, morning and afternoon refreshments provided by the meeting sponsor.
The collocated meeting arrangements information has generally been posted on the web and emailed by the P1547 Secretary to all the WG members. Attendees pay their own way; lunch, dinner and your sleeping room are on your own. The meeting hotel is normally within federal government per-diem rates. Meeting attire is business casual but has been a little more formal when we meet in the Washington DC area.
Note: The upcoming meeting notice is usually available a month or more before the next meeting. Archives
*** Your Hotel Registration information must go directly to the hotel ***
Meeting Hotel Logistics
Hotel Reservation Cutoff is September 16, 2002
September 16, 2002 is the cutoff for hotel room reservation at IEEE rate
Holiday Inn at Fisherman’s Wharf
1300 Columbus Ave
San Francisco CA 94133
mention IEEE for $139/rate
The meeting hotel is about 30 minutes drive from the San Francisco International Airport; for ground transport, there are a number of airport shuttles that cost about $20 to Fisherman’s Wharf.
The upcoming meeting agenda is usually available a couple of weeks before the meeting; the final agenda is presented at the meeting.
- The October 8 – 10, 2002 meeting pattern is to have a full day for the following work groups to discuss their specific activities and materials.
October 8, 2002: P1589 Draft Standard for Conformance Tests Procedures For Equipment Interconnecting Distributed Resources With Electric Power Systems
- October 9, 2002: P1608 Draft Application Guide For “IEEE Draft Standard 1547 Interconnecting Distributed Resources With Electric Power Systems”
- October 10, 2002: P1614 Draft Guide for Monitoring, Information Exchange and Control of Distributed Resources.
End. T. Basso, Secretary SCC21, P1547, P1608, P1614