AW: SUO: The lattice of theories

Jean-Luc,

I don't have the time to read all the allegedly relevant posts, I trust
you'll be kind enough to forgive, maybe indicate, any omission or
misunderstanding. Also, this might sound as yet another colorful message. I
suggest that people aware of the French language and who might be offended
by the string of letters 'shit' skip this message and that usual critical
and productive discussions go on peacefully as part of this ontological
cafe.

The first disclamer is that I am not fighting against perspectivism or some
generally ethno-ontological approach.

Same question as asked to Franck. How do the 'concepts' in the registry
found the development of other concepts?

Could you quickly explain (or send a pointer to such explanation) why it is
so important that the set of primitive be minimal? That doesn't seem
justified. If it turns out that there are meta-ontological categories that
are relevant to any domain, I don't see why reductionism should be prefered
to some form or another of pluralism.

I am sure you explained this already and several times, but I cannot
understand what's so crucial about having a set of meaningless concepts. Are
you just interested in having handles and some sort of skeletic articulation
between handles?

Here's a minimal set of underspecified concepts: {Merde, Merdique,
Merditude}. I am genuinely convinced that the world revolves around these
concepts and that they can serve as basis for the task that you seem to have
in mind. I claim that neither are pairwise reducible and I don't want to
associate a meaning to these, that seems to fit your requirements. Do you
agree? That would make two of us and we'd have a pretty robust
meta-ontological , maybe even ontological claim here. Would you like to
present a motion for a starter document?

I don't really understand your point about gravity (or was it "garvity"?) By
'concept', do you mean 'word'?

Thanks for clarifying those points and for your time.
Pierre