IEEE PES Power Quality Subcommittee
The Power Quality Subcommittee reports to the Transmission and Distribution Committee of the IEEE Power & Energy Society.
1000 New Durham Road
Edison, New Jersey 08818
National Chung Cheng University
160 San-Hsing, Room 349
7885 Tylers Way
West Chester, Ohio 45069
E-Mail: Rich Bingham
E-Mail: Gary Chang
E-Mail: Ken Sedziol
Subcommittee Organization Chart (July 2009)
- Vancouver, July 2013
- Memphis, January 2013
- Detroit, July 2011
- Atlanta, January 2011
- Minneapolis, July 2010
- Lake Buena Vista, January 2010
- Calgary, July 2009
- Atlanta, January 2009
- Pittsburg, July 2008
- San Antonio, January 2008
- Tampa Bay, June 2007
- Orlando, January 2007
- Montréal, June 2006
- Orlando, January 2004
One of the ongoing tasks of the subcommittee is to review papers that are published in IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. The papers are submitted and reviewed using an on-line paper publication database system. For a demonstration of how the paper submittal and review process works, download this Adobe Acrobat tutorial (1.62MB).
The following standards are maintained by workings groups and tasks forces in the subcommittee.
- IEEE Std 519-2014: IEEE Recommended Practices and Requirements for Harmonic Control in Electrical Power Systems
- IEEE Std 1159-2009: IEEE Recommended Practice for Monitoring Electric Power Quality
- IEEE Std 1159.3-2003: IEEE Recommended Practice for the Transfer of Power Quality Data (PQDIF)
- IEEE Std 1250-2011: IEEE Guide for Service to Equipment Sensitive to Momentary Voltage Disturbances
- IEEE Std 1409-2012: IEEE Guide for Application of Power Electronics for Power Quality Improvement on Distribution Systems Rated 1 kV Through 38 kV
- IEEE Std 1453-2011: IEEE Recommended Practice: Adoption of IEC 61000-4-15:2010, Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)--Testing and measurement techniques--Flickermeter--Functional and design specifications
- IEEE Std 1453.1-2012: IEEE Guide: Adoption of IEC/TR 61000-3-7:2008, Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)--Limits--Assessment of emission limits for the connection of fluctuating installations to MV, HV and EHV power systems
- IEEE Std 1564-2014: IEEE Guide for Voltage Sag Indices
The following standard was written by the subcommittee but was withdrawn.
- IEEE Std 1346-1998: IEEE Recommended Practice for Evaluating Electric Power System Compatibility with Electronic Process Equipment
The following projects are inactive at present.
The IEEE Power Quality Subcommittee participates as a liaison to the U.S. National Committee for CIRED.
The IEEE Power Quality Subcommittee is assisting in the organization of the 17th IEEE International Conference on Harmonics and Quality of Power (ICHQP 2016). The conference will take place in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais State, Brazil on October 16-19, 2016.
- P1159.1: Recommended Practice for Power Quality Measurements
- P1159.2: Recommended Practice for Power Quality Characterization
- P1495: Standard for Harmonic Limits for Single-Phase Equipment
IEEE Power & Energy Society
IEEE Transmission and Distribution Committee |
IEEE Power Quality Subcommittee
IEEE prohibits discrimination, harassment and bullying. For more information, refer to IEEE's Nondiscrimination Policy.
This page is maintained by Dan Sabin and was last updated on February 2, 2015.