IEEE PES Power Quality Subcommittee
The Power Quality Subcommittee reports to the Transmission and Distribution Committee of the IEEE Power & Energy Society.
Timothy D. Unruh
Federal Energy Management Program
1000 Independence, SW
Washington, DC 20585
1000 New Durham Road
Edison, New Jersey 08818
National Chung Cheng University
160 San-Hsing, Room 349
E-Mail: Timothy D. Unruh
E-Mail: Rich Bingham
E-Mail: Gary Chang
Subcommittee Organization Chart (July 2009)
- Detroit, July 2011
- Atlanta, January 2011
- Minneapolis, July 2010
- Lake Buena Vista, January 2010
- Calgary, July 2009
- Atlanta, January 2009
- Pittsburg, July 2008
- San Antonio, January 2008
- Tampa Bay, June 2007
- Orlando, January 2007
- Montréal, June 2006
- Orlando, January 2004
One of the ongoing tasks of the subcommittee is to review papers that are published in IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. The papers are submitted and reviewed using an on-line paper publication database system. For a demonstration of how the paper submittal and review process works, download this Adobe Acrobat tutorial (1.62MB).
The following standards are maintained by workings groups and tasks forces in the subcommittee.
- IEEE Std 519-1992: IEEE Recommended Practices and Requirements for Harmonic Control in Electrical Power Systems
- IEEE Std 1159-2009: IEEE Recommended Practice for Monitoring Electric Power Quality
- IEEE Std 1159.3-2003: IEEE Recommended Practice for the Transfer of Power Quality Data (PQDIF)
- IEEE Std 1250-2011: IEEE Guide for Service to Equipment Sensitive to Momentary Voltage Disturbances
- IEEE Std 1453-2011: IEEE Recommended Practice for Evaluating Electric Power System Compatibility with Electronic Process Equipment
The following draft standards are being completed by working groups and task forces in the subcommittee.
- P1409: Guide for the Application of Power Electronics for Power Quality Improvement on Distribution Systems Rated 1 kV Through 38 kV
- P1564: Recommended Practice for the Establishment of Voltage Sag Indices
The following standards were written by the subcommittee but currently are withdrawn.
- IEEE Std 1346-1998: IEEE Recommended Practice for Evaluating Electric Power System Compatibility with Electronic Process Equipment
The following projects are inactive at present.
The IEEE Power Quality Subcommittee participates as a liaison to the U.S. National Committee for CIRED.
- P1159.1: Recommended Practice for Power Quality Measurements
- P1159.2: Recommended Practice for Power Quality Characterization
- P1495: Standard for Harmonic Limits for Single-Phase Equipment
IEEE Power & Energy Society
IEEE Transmission and Distribution Committee |
IEEE Power Quality Subcommittee
IEEE prohibits discrimination, harassment and bullying. For more information, refer to IEEE's Nondiscrimination Policy.
This page is maintained by Dan Sabin and was last updated on January 14, 2013.