Our May 2005 meeting was held at the Cairns Convention Centre, Cairns Australia. As of this meeting, the 802.11 membership consists of 536 voting members.
These Ballots closed in the weeks preceding this meeting:
- Sixth Sponsor Recirculation ballot of 802.11e-D13.0. Passed 113 : 1 : 11, with 99% approval and 77% return.
- Letter Ballot 74 of P802.11REV-ma-D1.0 passed with 348 : 36 : 23, with 91% approval and 75% return.
- The working group approved conducting a recirculation letter ballot on P802.11REV-ma-D2.0.
Other WG activities:
The reports for the individual task groups are linked below:
- The Contention Based Protocol Study Group (CBP) met for the first time.
- The CAC and Working Group agreed to set aside the Monday evening slot at Plenary meetings to allow members to attend tutorials. To recoup the lost meeting time, ad-hoc sessions will be held during the 802 ExCom and 802 Plenary sessions on Monday morning. New 802 policies and procedures will require both Monday and Tuesday evenings to be set aside for tutorials in the future. The membership passed a motion to direct the WG chair to vote against this 802 rules change.
- Revisions to the 802.11 Policies and Procedures document are underway. Changes since March 2004 are summarized in Document 05/0094r0. The current P&P is in document 05/467. These changes will be voted on at the July Plenary.
- Upcoming Interim meeting locations were discussed:
- September 19-23, 2005, Garden Grove, California.
- January 2006 - Hilton Waikoloa Village, Kona, Hawaii (Big Island)
- May 2006 - considering Istanbul, Turkey, and Prague, CZ.
Project 802.11e, MAC Enhancements for Quality of Service Project 802.11k, Radio Resource Measurement of Wireless LANs Project 802.11m, Maintenance PAR Project 802.11n, High Throughput Project 802.11p, Wireless Access in the Vehicular Environment
Project 802.11r, Fast Roaming Fast Handoff Project 802.11s, Mesh Networking
Project 802.11T, Wireless Performance Prediction Project 802.11u, Wireless Interworking With External Networks
Project 802.11v, Wireless Network Management Project 802.11w, Protected Management Frames
CBP SG, Contention Based Protocol Study Group WNG, Wireless LAN Next Generation Standing Committee Publicity Publicity Committee
The next meeting of 802.11 will take place July 17th-22nd, at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco, CA, USA. See IEEE 802.11 Meeting Plan for details.
USEFUL LINKS TO OTHER SITES:IEEE P802.11 WLANs RELATED
This page is maintained by Stuart J. Kerry and Tim Godfrey. Comments are welcome.
Copyright (c) 2005, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE).
All rights reserved.
This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles, words, or phrases that may
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or other entities
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.