The January 2008 meeting was held at the Howard Plaza Hotel, Taipei, Taiwan.
As of this meeting, the IEEE 802.11 membership consists of 299 voting members.
BallotsThese ballots were initiated since the prior meeting:
See letter ballots for details.
- Letter Ballot 116 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11y-D6.0. It closed December 8th, 2007.
It passed with 99% approval. (271 approve, 2 disapprove, 54 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 117 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11w-D4.0. It closed January 5th, 2008.
It passed with 92% approval. (245 approve, 21 disapprove, 60 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 118 was a sponsor ballot comment resolution letter ballot for 802.11k-D10.0. It closed January 5th, 2008.
It passed with 100% approval. (175 approve, 0 disapprove, 20 abstain)
These new ballots were approved from this meeting:
- 15 day letter ballot for approval of the sponsor ballot recirculation comments for 802.11r
- 15 day procedural letter ballot verifying the draft 802.11s-D2.0
- 30 day letter ballot of 802.11s-D2.0
- 15 day procedural letter ballot verifying the draft 802.11u-D2.0
- 30 day letter ballot of 802.11u-D2.0
- 15 day procedural letter ballot verifying the draft 802.11v-D2.0
- 30 day letter ballot of 802.11v-D2.0
- 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11w-D5.0
Other WG activities:
- The Working Group approved the following output items:
- liaison letter to 3GPP SA2
- Upcoming Interim meeting locations were discussed:
- May 11-16, 2008 - Jacksonville, Florida, USA, Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
- September 7-12, 2008 - Big Island, Hawai'i, USA, Hilton Waikoloa Village
Minutes & ReportsThe consolidated working group and task group minutes for this meeting are available here
The reports for the individual task groups are linked below:
Project 802.11k, Radio Resource Measurement of Wireless LANs Project 802.11m, Maintenance PAR Project 802.11n, High Throughput Project 802.11p, Wireless Access in the Vehicular Environment Project 802.11r, Fast Roaming Fast Handoff Project 802.11s, Mesh Networking Project 802.11T, Wireless Performance Prediction Project 802.11u, Interworking With External Networks Project 802.11v, Wireless Network Management Project 802.11w, Protected Management Frames Project 802.11y, Contention Based Protocol Project 802.11z, Direct Link Setup
The reports for the individual standing committees are linked below:
WNG SC, Wireless LAN Next Generation Standing Committee
The reports for the individual study and ad hoc groups are linked below:
VHT SG, Very High Throughput Study Group VTS SG, Video Transport Stream Study Group IMT-A SG, IMT Advanced Ad Hoc Group
The next meeting of IEEE 802.11 will take place March 16th - 21st 2008 at the Caribe Royale Suites, Orlando, FL, USA.
See meeting locations for details.
This page is maintained by Stuart J. Kerry. Comments are welcome.
Copyright (c) , the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE).
All rights reserved.
This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles, words, or phrases that may
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or other entities
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.