The July 2008 meeting was held at the Hyatt Regency Denver, Colorado, USA.
As of this meeting, the IEEE 802.11 membership consists of 213 voting members.
BallotsThese ballots were initiated since the prior meeting:
See letter ballots for details.
- Letter Ballot 129 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11n-D5.0. It closed June 12th, 2008.
It passed with 90% approval. (261 approve, 29 disapprove, 23 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 130 was a procedural letter ballot for 802.11u-D3.0. It closed June 11th, 2008.
It passed with 95% approval. (159 approve, 8 disapprove, 19 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 131 was a procedural letter ballot for 802.11v-D3.0. It closed June 12th 2008.
It passed with 93% approval. (175 approve, 14 disapprove, 18 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 132 was a letter ballot for 802.11u-D3.0. It closed July 12th, 2008.
It passed with 77% approval. (113 approve, 34 disapprove, 35 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 133 was a letter ballot for 802.11v-D3.0. It closed July 13th, 2008.
It failed with 69% approval. (106 approve, 47 disapprove, 28 abstain)
These new ballots were approved from this meeting:
- 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11n-D6.0
- 30 day letter ballot of 802.11z-D2.0
Other WG activities:
- The Working Group approved the following output items:
- Documents 11-08-0664-02-invitation-to-participate.doc and 11-08-0858-01-xia-meeting-presentation.ppt as its contributions to the meeting between IEEE 802.11 and China’s National Body in Xi’an, China, July 22-24, 2008
- Upcoming Interim meeting locations were discussed:
- September 7-12, 2008 - Big Island, Hawaii, USA, Hilton Waikoloa Village
- January 18-23, 2009 - Los Angeles, CA, USA, Hyatt Century Plaza
Minutes & ReportsThe consolidated working group and task group minutes for this meeting will be available soon.
The reports for the individual task groups are linked below:
Project 802.11k, Radio Resource Measurement of Wireless LANs Project 802.11m, Maintenance PAR Project 802.11n, High Throughput Project 802.11p, Wireless Access in the Vehicular Environment Project 802.11r, Fast Roaming Fast Handoff Project 802.11s, Mesh Networking Project 802.11T, Wireless Performance Prediction Project 802.11u, Interworking With External Networks Project 802.11v, Wireless Network Management Project 802.11w, Protected Management Frames Project 802.11y, Contention Based Protocol Project 802.11z, Direct Link Setup Project 802.11aa, Video Transport Streams
The reports for the individual standing committees are linked below:
WNG SC, Wireless LAN Next Generation Standing Committee ARC: Architecture Standing Committee
The reports for the individual study and ad hoc groups are linked below:
VHT SG, Very High Throughput Study Group JTC1 AHC, JTC1 Ad Hoc Committee IMT-A AHC, IMT Advanced Ad Hoc Committee 802.16 Liaison AHC: 16 co-existance liaison Ad Hoc Committee
The next meeting (#110) is at the Hilton Waikoloa Village, Big Island, HI, USA from September 7th-12th.
See September 2008 meeting for details.
This page is maintained by Stephen McCann. Comments are welcome.
Copyright (c) , the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE).
All rights reserved.
This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles, words, or phrases that may
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or other entities
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.