Re: [STDS-802-11-ARC] [STDS-802-11-TGBC] Recap, for comments, on TGbc architecture

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 ARC Reflector ---

Morioka-san,

One follow-up:

> > 	• Discovery for eBCS-capable STAs
> > 		• An eBCS-capable/enabled “AP” (I’ll call this an eBCS AP from now on, but we might want a different term) sends Beacons (but not necessarily 802.11 Beacons!) indicating its capability, and (optionally?) particular broadcast services that are available.  (Assuming this looks generally like an 802.11 Beacon, it should probably include a BSS Membership Selector for eBCS, to prevent Legacy STAs from becoming confused.)
> Yes, the EBCS Info frame is used for this purpose.
> EBCS Info frames are transmitted periodically in longer interval than Beacon.

Is the EBCS Info frame sufficient, if we now treat the eBCS AP as a separate entity from the Legacy AP (might even not be co-located with a Legacy AP)?  That is, do we need to add some information from the traditional 802.11 Beacon to the EBCS Info frame, and/or require an eBCS AP to send its own Beacons (perhaps with a subset of information from a normal one), especially if it is not co-located with a Legacy AP?

Mark