Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] [STDS-802-11-TGBE] [EXT] [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 22/552r2 Individual TWT

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for sharing your analysis. I agree that we need to revise definition of TWT requesting/responding STA now that we defined a way to signal TWT element for iTWT setup on a different link. However, I don’t agree that we need to amend TWT identifier definition for this purpose. I also don’t agree that we should indicate multiple links in link ID bitmap, as I have shared earlier in this thread and meeting, but for this email I will keep comments to the TWT identifier issue you raised.

I think we all can agree that just because another STA of an MLD is sending the TWT element does not make it TWT requesting/responding STA; this attribute of the STA should be based on membership in a TWT agreement and participation in the operation. And we can address this by amending the baseline definition alone, preferably post D2.0 after due discussion.

I also don’t agree that current iTWT text in 35.8.2 makes individual TWT operation MLD level. Because some information is shared across STAs of an MLD does not make the operation MLD level. E.g., TSF information may be shared across STAs. TWT agreements are established between STAs on the same link and all other signaling, except from TWT setup frame which may be sent across links, is link level. We have to consider MLME primitives as well. Further, different STAs of an MLD may have different capabilities/support related to TWT operation; we haven’t defined them at MLD level. TWT Flow IDs are also maintained per link.

Moreover, the proposed modification of TWT identification as proposed in 22/552 also does not make TWT MLD level; Ming also commented this in the meeting that that is not the point of this proposal. So I would disagree that individual TWT operation as defined in current spec in D1.5 is MLD level.

Regards,
Kumail.