Thanks for all the work you have done on the session setup. I appreciate it.
Find below a few suggestions and questions on the SPs found in 1934r5.
Thank you for all your effort,
- Because SP3 describes the overall sensing session setup procedure, my suggestion is to begin with it (that is, make it SP1).
- The “4-way HS” for the associated case must be defined.
- “For an unassociated STA, after PASN, if there is, an exchange of MS Query….” What does “if there is” refer to: PASN or “an exchange of MS Query…”?
- I do not believe the figures in slides 7, 8, 9… should be included in the draft. (If you would like to do so, you will need to reformat them.) Thus, my suggestion is that we don’t
add them in the SFD. If there is any normative behavior defined in them that you would like to cover, please write text instead.
- Propose the edits below (in blue) to (current) SP1. (Propose to make this SP2.)
- The intend of the last sentence of this SP is not clear to me (“The polling TF within…”).
- I do not agree with some of the sensing capabilities defined in slide 6:
- Can a STA be “11bf capable” if it does not support the roles of sensing initiator nor of sensing responder? We must define a minimum feature set for a STA to be “11bf capable.” For
example, define that support of the sensing receiver role is mandatory for 11bf capable STAs.
- “Support of reporting”: Does this refer to the ability of a STA to send a Sensing Measurement Report frame or report measurements up to the application (same STA)? This must be defined.
Proposed changes to SP1:
Do you agree to add the following into 11bf SFD?
An unassociated STA (denoted as U-STA) transmits the measurement setup (denoted as MS) Query frame to solicit an MS Request frame from an AP.
The MS Query frame may contain the detailed sensing capabilities of the U-STA.
Upon receiving an MS Query frame, the AP responds with an MS Request frame to the U-STA.
The MS Request frame contains the UID assigned to the U-STA.
The MS Request frame contains one bit to inform the U-STA to comeback before session timeout expires to solicit an MS Request frame.
The AP can also send a MS Termination frame to the U-STA, which contains one bit indicating termination of the sensing session.
The Polling TF within a measurement instance contains one bit to inform the U-STA to transmit an MS Query frame outside the measurement instance.
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-11-TGBF list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-11-TGBF&A=1