[STDS-802-11-TGBF] 22/1248r0 Sensing Measurement Report format

Dear all,

I presented 22/1248r0 (https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/22/11-22-1248-00-00bf-sensing-measurement-report-format.pptx) on the 4th August call. Due to lack of time we didn’t have much time for questions or discussions and quite a few folks were on vacation. The proposal is related to CID 294 below and proposes replacing the Sensing Measurement Report element with field (name TBD), in order to overcome the size limitation of 254 octets per element. In our analysis, except for very limited cases, the CSI feedback will be larger than 254 octets, requiring segmentation of the feedback if elements are used. This not only creates overhead but also adds complexity in parsing.

294

Since elements can only carry up to 255 octets, using elements to carry sensing measurement reports will limit the report size to 255 or less. It would be better to use fields instead as is done in HT/VHT/HT/EHT for the beamforming feedback.

Use field(s) to carry to carry the sensing measurement reports instead of element.

I plan to run the following SP in a future 11bf call to collect feedback. However, do let me know if there are any questions/comments on this in the meantime.

q SP: Do you agree to replace the Sensing Measurement Report element with a field?

Note: The content of the field is based on the content of the Sensing Measurement Report element.

Regards,

Rojan