Chaoming

发件人: 罗朝明(Chaoming Luo)
发送时间: 202297 16:32
收件人: dongguk.lim@xxxxxxx; 'Ali Raissinia' <alirezar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; osama.aboulmagd@xxxxxxxxxx; dibakar.das@xxxxxxxxx; Mahmoud.Kamel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'humengshi' <humengshi@xxxxxxxxxx>; rajat.pushkarna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; rojan.chitrakar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; dongxiandong@xxxxxxxxxx; 'Claudio da Silva' <claudiodasilva@xxxxxx>; tony.hanxiao@xxxxxxxxxx; narengerile@xxxxxxxxxx; STDS-802-11-TGBF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
抄送: hg.cho@xxxxxxx; js.choi@xxxxxxx; insun.jang@xxxxxxx; sanggook.kim@xxxxxxx
主题: Re: Discusssion for the Sensing Trigger frame

Hi Dongguk,

I tend to support Ali’s idea to use reserved values of  B0-B3 to indicate sensing trigger frames. And if we go this way, I don’t see any needs to additionally use the B4 to indicate sensing.

BR,

Chaoming

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your suggestion.

To avoid misunderstanding or remove the ambiguity according to a value of the Trigger Subtype field in the Trigger dependent common info subfield, I think that reserved values (i.e., it was not used in 11az) can be assigned to the variant of the sensing Trigger frame.

However, as you know we considered the reuse of the ranging Trigger frame format for the sensing trigger frame. since we inherit the ranging frame format for the sensing trigger frame format, by using the value of this subfield, STA can recognize the variant of the trigger frame which was already indicated by using the Trigger type field. Thus, I think that it needs the indication whether it is a ranging trigger or a sensing Trigger, and for that using B4 is a very simple and clear way without additional ambiguity.

So, even though we assign the reserved value which is not used in the ranging Trigger frame for the variant of sensing Trigger frame as suggested by Ali, I think that the use of B4 to indicate the type of Trigger frame is still useful and helpful for a clear distinction between two Trigger frame.

Best regards,

Dongguk.

Gents,

Does it make sense to change the table to indicate the subtypes for Poll, Sounding and Report as 8, 9, 10  and keep B4 as reserved in case we need it for something else?

The table would look like below. Of course we could still use B4 for sensing?

B0-B2

Ranging/Sensing

Trigger Subvariant

B3

Ranging/Sensing

0

Poll

0

Ranging

1

Sounding

2

Secure Sounding

3

Report

4

Passive Sounding

5-7

Reserved

8

Poll

1

Sensing

9

SR2I Sounding

10

Basic Report

11

SR2SR Sounding

12

Threshold Report

13-15

Reserved

WARNING: This email originated from outside of Qualcomm. Please be wary of any links or attachments, and do not enable macros.

Dear All,

I hope you had a nice holiday.

I knew that some members would like to discuss this topic by scheduling additional meetings. However, since we have scheduled many CCs for the discussion of other topics this week, it is hard to schedule another CC for this discussion for the sensing Trigger frame. in addition, the 802.11 Interim sessions are scheduled for next week.

Thus, first of all, I would like to discuss the sensing Trigger topic by using the email discussion to gather opinions for other members.

I revised the CR document for the sensing Trigger frame based on the Comments received during the last CC.

For the indication of this modification, I add the memo in the attached document and add also some discussion points using the memo.

Attached, Please take look at it. I look forward to the good comments from you.

Best regards,

Dongguk.

Dongguk Lim

Chief Technology Officer IoT Connectivity Standard Task/Professional

LG Electronics Inc

19, Yangjae-daero 11-gil, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Korea

M.82-10-8996-4690  E.dongguk.lim@xxxxxxx

OPPO

本电子邮件及其附件含有OPPO公司的保密信息,仅限于邮件指明的收件人使用(包含个人及群组)。禁止任何人在未经授权的情况下以任何形式使用。如果您错收了本邮件,请立即以电子邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件及其附件。

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from OPPO, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!