[STDS-802-11-TGBF] 答复: Discusssion for the Sensing Trigger frame

Hello Ali

Thank you for providing the table.

I intend to agree with Dongguk that using B4 is a very simple and clean way to do the trick if we agree on reusing Ranging trigger frames. Using B4 will allow either ranging or sensing to have the flexibility to define more trigger subtypes for possible future use.

In my humble opinion, if B3 is used for sensing/ranging indication, at least 5 values for trigger subtypes become invalid for either ranging or sensing. For example, value = 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12, cannot be used for ranging any more. Otherwise it may cause confusion for sensing clients.

If B4 is used for sensing/ranging indication, either ranging or sensing has 16 values available to define trigger subtypes. At the current stage, I think it might be better to keep the possibility for defining more trigger subtypes for potential future use.

Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Naren