[STDS-802-11-TGBF] 11-22/1254r3: Answer to Rx_OP_Gain_Type comments from Solomon

Hi, Solomon,

Thanks for your comments! Let me try to finish answering your question on why we need Rx_OP_Gain_Type to indicate 2 types of Index report.

Some vendors can look at various underlying circuit conditions including Rx gains, categorize them as receiver OP index and report it with CSI. And other vendors may only be able to report Rx_Gain_Index and they think it's good enough (or better than nothing) to describe their receivers frequency response variations.

The receiver tries to report with its best effort either Rx_OP_Index or Rx_Gain_Index. The initiator's implementation may choose to support either of them, both, or none. If  the initiator sees a RX_OP_Gain_Type it doesn't support, it can simply ignore the values reported in Rx_OP_Gain_Index.

We hope to make progress on this topic by providing means for different vendors' needs.

Best Regards,

Julia Feng