[STDS-802-11-TGBH] comments on the 332r31

Hi Dan, all,

I try to revise the document 332r31 based on the comments yesterday.

I see you mentioned the “SAE password identifier” can address the concern on use case  4.27: “STA identification in database”.

I did a quickly study on that part today, if I understand correctly, such solution only works if the password is unique for each STA.

But the scenario in 4.27 is a general case,  the administer may allocate the same or different SSID/password to each user. That’s, if the user share the same SSID/password as we did today, the solution won’t work.

Please correct me if I make any mistake.

The AP sets the SAE Password Identifiers Used Exclusively field to 1 when every

password in the dot11RSNAConfigPasswordValueTable has a password

identifier and sets it to 0 otherwise. See 12.4.3 (Representation of a password).

12.4.3 Representation of a password

Passwords are used in SAE to deterministically compute a secret element in the negotiated group, called a

password element. The input to this process needs to be in the form of a binary string. For the protocol to

successfully terminate, it is necessary for each side to produce identical binary strings for a given password,

even if that password is in character format. There is no canonical binary representation of a character and

ambiguity exists when the password is a character string.

Thanks

Best Regards

Jay Yang