From: Youhan Kim <youhank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 9:43 AM
To: STDS-802-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11] 11-22/0652

Thanks, Zinan and Ross.

May I know if 802.11be or 802.11ax specs specifies “preamble of PSRR PPDU is present” is equivalent to the non-punctured subchannel(s) in PSRR PPDU?

A punctured subchannel must not have any signal present, including any preamble.

Therefore, if there is preamble present in a 20 MHz channel, then that 20 MHz channel cannot be a punctured subchannel.

  1. I am concerned about requiring the preamble presence in both PSRR PPDU and PSRT PPDU. Since the formula is used to set the upper bound of PSRT PPDU transmission power, how can the PSRT PPDU be present when the measurement is made prior to the first transmission?

Therefore, I would like to have the following update on the text:

RPL_(PSRR,20MHz ) in the unit of dBm/20 MHz is the normalized received signal power measured at the antenna connector in one or more 20 MHz subchannels. The measured 20 MHz subchannel(s) shall be the subchannel(s) on which the PSRT PPDU transmission intends to occupy and the preamble of the PSRR PPDU is present. The measurement method is implementation dependent.

As you pointed out, it is not practical to assume that a STA would know which 20 MHz channel(s) would be used for PSRT PPDU transmission while receiving a PSRR PPDU.

That is why my proposed text said “at least one 20 MHz subchannel in which the preamble of both the PSRR PPDU and the PSRT PPDU are present”.  Since a STA would transmit a PSRT PPDU using at least the primary 20 MHz channel included, a reasonable/practical implementation measuring the signal power of a PSRR PPDU at the primary 20 MHz channel of the STA would still be able to transmit the PSRT PPDU in this case.

In your proposed text, however, there is a “shall” requirement that the signal power of PSRR PPDU is measured over the subchannels used by the PSRT PPDU.  I.e., your proposal actually requires that a STA knows the PSRT PPDU BW when receiving a PSRR PPDU.

Hence, I prefer my proposed language.

Thanks.

Youhan