From: Jon Rosdahl <jrosdahl@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 11:54 AM
To: STDS-802-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11] Suggested P802.11-2020/Cor1 change

Ben,
   The Corrigenda changes bit 6 to bit 11.
The debate is how to describe that in the document so that it makes sense.
The introductory paragraph is not part of the standard, but a description of how the change from 6 to 11 is displayed in the standard.
The roll-in of TGba which occurs after TGay is part of the "current baseline".  The Corrigenda has to reflect that reality.
Hence on the very first page, it lists 802.11-2020, 802.11ax, 802.11ay, 802.11ba.
So the description explains how the change from bit 6 to 11 (the error that was the target of the corrigenda) is depicted.
Given the comments from the potential balloters, the update that Robert has made is reasonable and expected.
Jon

Jon Rosdahl                             Engineer, Senior Staff
IEEE 802 Executive Secretary   Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
office: 801-492-4023                  10871 North 5750 West
cell:   801-376-6435                   Highland, UT 84003

A Job is only necessary to eat!

A Family is necessary to be happy!!