[RPRWG] Updating Member Records for Accuracy

Happy New Year Working Group Members:

I suggest the following improvements to our operations for 2002.

Objective:
	1)	Simplify and streamline attendance taking at meetings.
	2)	Insure contact information is correct
	3)	Insure voting information is accurate

We are at the point in the standards process where your participation,
comments and voting will become increasingly important and frequent.  To
insure that each member is accurately represented over the coming months I
recommend we keep an updated spreadsheet with the following information in
the Members Only section of the 802.17 web site.  That way each member can
insure that their respective information is correct.

Attendance:
I propose that the attendance book sign process be simplified so that
signing-in and attendance recording and tracking are simplified.  The format
below will make the sign in process simpler and faster.  At the end of each
day the secretary can simply put a red line through any box for people that
did not attend.  This will insure that people don't fill-in empty boxes for
sessions they missed.  See the example below.

	Monday am	Monday pm	Tuesday am	Tuesday pm
Mannix O'Connor	  MOC	  MOC	         I	   MOC
Kanaiya Vasani	        I	    KV	         I	        KV
Mike Takefman	   MT	    MT	   MT	  MT
Steve Wood	    SW	     SW	      SW	    SW

Contact Information:
Additionally, the spreadsheet on the web would have the following contact
information for each member.  This information wouldn't need to be on the
attendance book.  Changes or corrections could be sent to the Secretary for
immediate update at any time.

First Name
Last Name
Title
Company
Street
City, State, Zip
Tel #
Fax #
Email Address

I will work to get this information consolidated and available for your
review over the coming weeks.  Any other suggestions for improvements to
this process are welcome.

Mannix O'Connor
Sect, IEEE 802.17