[RPRWG] Forwarding Comments from Geoff Thompson on our proosed PAR 802.17a

FYI.

Geoff Thompson sent off comments on many of the proposed PARs to the SEC.  Here is his comment regarding our proposed PAR 802.17a:

P802.17a        Amendment to 802.1
In the PAR (unless you are seeking to change the title of the standard, or you want confusion during the approval process) the full correct base title should be used, for 802.1 that is:
IEEE Standard for Information technology--
Telecommunications and information exchange between systems--
Local and metropolitan area networks--
Common specifications
Part 3: Media Access Control (MAC) Bridges
I would suggest that putting an amendment number as an integral part of the tile offers confusion rather than clarity over the long run, I suggest a change to just  "Support for 802.17 RPR MACs".
Best regards,

Robert D. Love
President, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@xxxxxxxx          Fax: 208 978-1187