RE: [RPRWG] Ethertypes for circuit emulation

Hi Vinay,

In Routers/Switches implementation, the EtherType was used by the control
module between layer2 and layer1 to classified the incoming frames, based
on that, specific protocol module continues processing on the frames.

Regards,
Guangzhi

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 Vinay@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I was looking at the website and also the one at www.iana.org. There is
> talk in the PWE3 mailing list about "raw" and "VLAN-tagged" types. The
> only ethertype that I saw with "raw" was "raw frame relay" (ethertype =
> 0x6559). Does anyone have an idea of its application?
>
> Vinay

Best Regards,
Guangzhi

Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept.
The University of Arizona,
Tucson, AZ, 85719

E-mail: qug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web   : http://www.u.arizona.edu/~guangzhi