Re: [STDS-802-21] Alternative "proxy" definitions

Dear all,

Although not related with this ballot, I just wanted to share some possible aspects regarding the proxy feature in 802.21. In our work, we have implemented this behavior in a 802.21-aligned perspective ( http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140366412000734 ). There, we provide a MIH proxy behavior that not only could be used at the PoA or at the PoS, but in a hybrid scenario . Concretely, a sensor gateway would be responsible for forwarding some of the messages between the sensors and entities at the network (Proxy MIHF behavior, or "pure" proxying for 802.21 signaling), but, in other situations, it could act as an actual PoS for certain messages (such as 802.21 discovery and capability exchange procedures).

In a nutshell, although there can be several proxy definitions, we could allow the standard to be flexible and allow different entities to be configured to provide different aspects of the proxy behavior (i.e., Proxy MIHF and/or Proxy PoS and/or Proxy PoA).

Best regards,

Daniel Corujo
dcorujo@xxxxxxxx
http://re.vu/dcorujo