|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
As Edward (thanks) brought up and as reported in the past several calls, tomorrow is the FCC Commissioners September Open Call. it is open to all to watch live and after watching a few you get to learn a little more about the different commissioners. and as brought up, 2 agenda items are of interest to IEEE 802 that we should consider looking at them closer and potentially responding.
enjoy your days
• The September 2021 FCC open commission meeting looks to be full, here are 2 of note.
10:30 am – 12:30 pm EDT Online Only
• Authorizing 6 GHz Band Automated Frequency Coordination Systems
• The Commission will consider a Public Notice beginning the process for authorizing Automated Frequency Coordination Systems to govern the operation of standard-power devices in the 6 GHz band (5.925-7.125 GHz). (ET Docket No. 21-352)
• Spectrum Requirements for the Internet of Things
• The Commission will consider a Notice of Inquiry seeking comment on current and future spectrum needs to enable better connectivity relating to the Internet of Things (IoT). (ET Docket No. 21-353)
• Some questions maybe of interest to IEEE 802, e.g.,
1) please refer to portions of paragraph 6 re IEEE: Standards groups such as 3GPP, IEEE, and others are also involved with IoT development. Are these standards providing sufficient guidance for IoT implementation in already existing spectrum bands?
If the growing need for IoT connectivity is not being met with the current and planned licensed spectrum resources, what steps can the Commission take to address this important use in the future?
2) please refer to paragraphs 10 and 11 asking the role of unlicensed spectrum and whether additional unlicensed spectrum should be considered.
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-24 list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-24&A=1