Re: [802.3_100GCU] why transmit all parity bits after 20 data blocks in FEC frame?

Hi Shen,

The 5140b of data in the codeword are protected by all 140b of parity.  So you have to parse all 5140b of data first in order to calculate the parity bits, thus we calculate the parity bits as the data goes by and insert the parity at the end of the codeword.  This allows for the most efficient implementation of the FEC.

-Jeff Slavick
Avago Technologies