[802.3_100GCU] 802.3bj Test Fixtures comment#i-122 D3 sponsor ballot

Colleagues,

I'm working to develop a consensus response to D3 sponsor ballot comment#i-122 addressing test fixture specifications. The TF reviewed comment#122 presentation at 11:30 AM today inviting 802.3bm participation in the review in order to provide information prior to comment resolution  ( http://www.ieee802.org/3/bj/public/jan14/diminico_3bj_01_0114.pdf).

As many wanting to participate in consensus discussion are finding difficulty in allocating time, the comment will be considered last in D3 sponsor ballot allowing time for discussion. In the meantime, we will use e-mail develop consensus response.

STATUS CONSENSUS RESPONSE
At this time, I believe we have consensus for the following;
(1)>>Cable assembly test fixtures (MCB's) can be designed to meet the 92.11.3.2 Mated test fixtures return loss specification. Therefore
no change to 92.11.3.2 Mated test fixtures return loss specification.
(2)>>Given the 92.11.3.2 Mated test fixtures return loss specification can be met,
independent specifications of TP2/TP3 test fixture return loss are not necessary.

Please reply with your interest in participating in discussion on this topic...

Regards, Chris