[802.3_100GCU] IEEE P802.3bj Task Force March 2014 meeting information

Task Force Participants,

The IEEE P802.3bj Task Force will be meeting during the IEEE 802 plenary session in Beijing, China Tuesday March 18 to Thursday March 20. Registration and hotel information have been posted to the reflector and can also be found via the following link.

< http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html >

During the January 2014 interim meeting, I highlighted the possibility that the Task Force meeting in Beijing could be limited to one day due to space and scheduling constraints. These constraints have been alleviated and we will operate according to the normal schedule for a plenary week.

The agenda for the meeting will be to respond to comments received during the first Sponsor ballot recirculation on IEEE P802.3bj/D3.1. The ballot opened February 13 and will close February 28 11:59 PM EST. I will report the results of the ballot, including a summary of comments received, following the close of the ballot.

Requests for presentation time may be submitted to support a particular suggested remedy or proposed response to ballot comments. Presentations unrelated to ballot comments may be considered following the completion of comment resolution and if time permits. Presentations should not exceed 20 minutes in duration. Additional time may be granted if time is available and the extended duration is deemed appropriate by the Task Force chair.

Requests for presentation time shall be made to me via e-mail at adam.healey@xxxxxxx by March 7.  The presenter shall send a soft-copy of the presentation in PDF format to me via e-mail at adam.healey@xxxxxxx by March 11. Please ensure that requests for presentation time or submissions of presentation material are not accompanied by restrictive notices.  Any e-mail that includes restrictive notices will be refused and the presentation request or material will not be acknowledged.

All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters which may be found at the following link.

< http://www.ieee802.org/3/bj/public/presentproc.html >

I ask presenters to review their presentation material to verify that they have followed the guidelines.  As a point of emphasis, the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows to support the search tool used by the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group web site.

Title: Title of presentation

Author: Name(s) of author(s)

Subject: IEEE P802.3bj 100 Gb/s Backplane and Copper Cable Task Force

I look forward to seeing you in Beijing.

Best regards,

Adam Healey

Chair, IEEE P802.3bj 100 Gb/s Backplane and Copper Cable Task Force