[802.3_100GEL] Draft 2.3 Posted -- What to Expect

Hello Everyone –

I’m proud to announce that Draft 2.3 is now posted!  As per straw poll #22 last meeting there seems to be consensus to focus our review and comment resolution on requesting Conditional SA Ballot at the November Plenary meeting, which means we’re hoping that you will focus your comments on only MUST-CHANGE items.  Remember that we cannot progress to SA ballot with any significant changes to the draft (or better yet, no changes).  Given this direction from the group, I recommend any larger or technical discussions hold off until D3.0.

All Draft 2.2 comments:   https://www.ieee802.org/3/ck/comments/draft2p2/8023ck_D2p2_final_closedcomments.pdf

Unsatisfied comments:  https://www.ieee802.org/3/ck/comments/draft2p2/8023ck_D2p2_final_unsatisfiedcomments_a.pdf

Draft 2.3:   https://www.ieee802.org/3/ck/private/8023ck_D2p3.pdf

Compare version:  https://www.ieee802.org/3/ck/private/8023ck_D2p3_compare.pdf

What to Expect

David will send the official notice and kick off the recirculation tomorrow (which we will forward to our reflector as well)… Also, tomorrow, I will send an email inviting you to participate in the balloting group for the SA ballot; this remains open for roughly 30 days.  Once we have a balloting group, no significant changes to the draft, no new negatives, and WG approval we can move into SA Ballot!   Great work to all getting us to this place!

~Beth