[802.3_100GNGOPTX] MMF ad hoc - Thursday 28th Feb 2013 9am -10.30am pacific

Dear all,

I’m proposing an MMF ad hoc call on  Thursday 28th Feb 2013 (9am -10.30am pacific) , to give an opportunity for reviewing recent work relevant to the 802.3bm MMF objectives (1.5 hour duration if sufficient presentations otherwise shorter and cancelled if there are no presentations requested).

Please send requests for presentations to me.

I’ll send call details and provisional agenda out early next week.

As a reminder here’s the list of items needing further work

For the 20m reach PMD:

If defined, should a 20m reach PMD be compatible with a 100m PMD ?

Jitter budget and metrics for an un-retimed FEC supported PMD ?

Further contributions addressing options for 20m MMF reach objective, showing broad market potential and significant cost density or power improvements.

For the 100m reach PMD:

Fine tune parameters/eliminate TBDs and items for further study, compliance tests development, reach for OM3

Best wishes

jonathan