[802.3_100GNGOPTX] SMF Clause Review

Dear Task Force Participants,

If you are a proponent of one of the SMF baseline proposals that we have been considering for the last 9 months, you should be aware that we have passed our deadline (according to the adopted timeline) for accepting new proposals and that based on motion #15 from Victoria, this has been extended to allow consideration in our upcoming Geneva meeting.

It has been broadly communicated that any proposal adopted in July must be pristine, which means that it must include a draft clause produced, reviewed, and capable of being inserted into our current draft with expectation of minimal comments/changes for our next review cycle.

In order to make that happen, its my opinion that work must be done outside the existing SMF adhoc and editorial review process. So please, if you have a draft clause, that you wish to be considered for inclusion in July, submit this to Pete Anslow for upload to the private area of our website, and be sure to use the reflector to call for review and provide direction to Task Force members on how to submit comments, whom to submit to, etc.

It's important that the Task Force have an opportunity to review any draft clause that may come up for consideration in Geneva in advance of the meeting.

If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact me and CC Pete Anslow.

Best Regards,

Dan Dove
Chair, IEEE P802.3bm