[802.3_100GNGOPTX] Norfolk Meeting, Sponsor Ballot, etc.

Dear Task Force Participants,

We have successfully closed our Working Group Ballot and since we have received conditional authorization to begin Sponsor Ballot, we have an interesting set of conditions in place prior to our upcoming Norfolk meeting.

While the call for Presentations for our Interim Meeting is still out, I don't anticipate any work being done by Task Force other than obligatory reports and a perfunctory motion to go to Sponsor Ballot.

The current schedule appears to be

Wed:  1p - 5pm Task Force Meeting, reports, discussion, motions.
Thursday: CAUI-4 and MMF ad hoc meetings. Times to be determined. Call for Presentations, schedules and discussions for the ad hoc will be addressed by the ad hoc chairs.
Friday: No Meeting

I wanted to get this information out in case it may affect your travel decisions.

In addition, we have secured our plan to hold a "Co-Located Interim" meeting with the July Plenary in San Diego. For those of you who are not familiar with what this is, we plan to meet on Sunday (10a-6p) and Monday ( 8a - 12p) as a Task Force to complete comment resolution from our D3.0 Sponsor Ballot draft.

We are doing this to enable as many as possible to participate in the 802.3bs Task Force meeting with minimal overlap. Please consider this in your travel planning.

The official announcement will be made in Norfolk, but it appears that all of the necessary rooms and arrangements are secured for the CLI.

Best Regards,

--
Dan Dove
Chair, IEEE P802.3bm